Thursday, September 1, 2011

A new Chapter

So today is the first day in September. And this month marks the turning point and some major changes that will be happening in our lives. Last week Sheldon started a brand new job, next week Elijah starts school for the first time ever, then we launch our first ever official service LIVE for South Oaks Community Church and the fun just keeps going!
New beginnings offer fresh starts, new relationships, and a chance to push past your comfort zones and reach further than you had before. But they also mean growing pains, mistakes, stumbles and a learning curve. So far its been fabulous, I LOVE our team at SOCC and I love my pastor. We all work so well together and most of all we all know that everything we do must be centered on Christ. Its not about us and our comforts, but about spreading the love of Jesus.
With Elijah starting school this year it will give me more one on one time with Ethan that He has never had being the little brother. I look forward to being alone with Him and teaching Him all the things I taught Elijah....but with Elijah right there all the time He tends to overtalk Ethan. I also look forward to all the new things Elijah will learn at school, hearing all his stories when He comes home, helping Him with homework and volunteering at His school. I am possibly more excited than He is, although He is very excited. And that excitement is mixed with a terrible sad feeling that His baby years are officially over and the memories I have are all that are left of that time period. (sigh)
Now with Sheldons new job, it means no more overnight shifts(which let me tell you how much of a struggle that was!), no more consistent weekend shifts and He will be home for dinner every night. I cant even begin to explain how happy I am for that!

With all the new things that will be happening, I look back on the last 5yrs of our marriage and all the things we went through, and it shows me hindsight is 20/20. So many things make sense that we had to go through, losing our apartment, getting our vehicles repossessed, having to move in with my mother in law for a year, Sheldon working 2 jobs, and so much more. I feel like 10yrs worth of experience was jammed into 5yrs, almost like God said...OK...Here's a crash course on life. 

So into the new journey We go, not looking back.....but anticipating what the future holds....

All in all I am grateful for some of lifes crash courses!

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment